The Exile of Gigi Lane by Adrienne Maria Vrettos


Pub Date: April 2010

Summary: My name’s Gigi Lane. You wish you were me.

You can call it whatever you want, but everyone knows it’s true.

Gigi Lane is about to be crowned Head Hottie of the infamous Hot Spot.

It’s her job to keep the other girls at Swan’s Lake Country Day School in line.

She’s strict. She’s bossy.

Gigi Lane can’t wait for the night of the Founder’s Ball.

Everyone knows it’s when the new Hot Spot is announced in front of everyone.

But that night, one girl exposes Gigi for what she really is.

A Mean Girl.

Gigi’s world slowly starts to fall apart in just one night.

She ends up at the bottom of the social scale, struggling to find a place for herself.

Somewhere she’s never been before, something she’s never had to do before

Rating: 4 Stars

Review: I’m not quite sure what to say about The Exile of Gigi Lane and I don’t mean this in a bad way. I simply mean, where do I start?There’s a lot to say about this book, its characters, and the plot. Most of it is positive too! Hence the 4 stars I gave it. I loved Gigi, she was one of the best characters in awhile even thought she was kind of stuck up. Her and her friends thought they had it all until someone decided to put them in their place which I can say doesn’t happen all that often in high school. But this book is mostly about how Gigi struggles to make it back to the top of the social scale. This for her is a very hard task. The people who loved her now hate her. The people who hated her now hate her even more. I could feel myself connect with Gigi in some ways, but not in all of them. I myself have never been very popular, but I know what it’s like to try to fit in. Sometimes it’s hard. But you’re true friends will always be there for you in the end. That’s that one thing that Adrienne Maria Vrettos really showed in her novel The Exile of Gigi Lane.

-Lexi (:

FTC: I received this novel from its publishing company/author with the understanding that I would provide an honest review. I am not getting paid in any way for writing and posting this review.

3 comments:

Eleni said...

Great review, I'm glad to see you liked it, I look forward to reading it :)

Anonymous said...

Cool, I haven't seen any reviews for this book yet. It's one of the ones I'm looking forward to reading this year. I'm drawn to popularity themed books for some reason. ;p

Most Popular Books said...

Good review, bad book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails