Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison


Pub Date: March 2010

Summary: Beth has always been known as, “The Beast”.

Height. Scars. Glasses.

Those are only some of the things that make people scared of Beth.

She only has one true friend, a geek named Scott.

That is until Beth is chosen for her choir’s soloist.

She receives the makeover of her life and now everyone loves her.

Or wants a piece of her.

On a trip to Switzerland, Beth meets Derek.

He seems perfect, maybe too perfect.

Derek soon helps Beth realize that she too can find love.

In Derek’s eyes, she is beautiful.

No longer a beast.


After a confession from Scott, Beth’s heart is torn in two.

If that doesn’t change things, Derek has a secret that could shatter everything.

Should Beth choose sweet and steady or danger and passion?

Rating: 4 Stars

Review: Sing Me to Sleep is the second novel that I’ve read by Angela Morrison and I have to say, I really like her as an author. She comes up with not so new plots but really makes them her own. From the first page, I found myself pulled into this novel. Even though I knew in my head that I couldn’t really relate with Beth, I FELT like I could. I think knowing you can’t but actually feeling like you can is very different. It takes a very skilled author to create a feeling like that. I was so happy for Beth when she actually found someone that liked her for her because I know what that feels like. But at first, I wasn’t so sure if things were going to work out with Derek. I thought “Hmm, he lives somewhere else. That couldn’t be easy for them. But it would be easier for him to end contact with her if he wanted.” Once this the relationship between Beth and Derek really started, my mind completely changed. I was happy for them but I really wanted what was going on behind closed doors with Derek, as Beth did also. The end of Sing Me to Sleep played out very nicely. The ending was so cute and had so much personality. I could tell that Beth and Derek would be headed in a very good direction with each other.

-Lexi (:

FTC: I received this novel from its publishing company/author with the understanding that I would provide an honest review. I am not getting paid in any way for writing and posting this review.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read Angela's previous novel Taken By Storm & I enjoyed it a lot as well. She's definitely someone I'm keeping an eye on.

I just started Sing Me To Sleep. I've heard from almost everyone that its sad so I'm bracing myself for the worst. :(

Thanks for your review Lexi!

Star Wars Books said...

A horrible cover.

Related Posts with Thumbnails