Kiss Me Kill Me by Lauren Henderson


Pub Date: January 2008

Summary: What do you do when your past suddenly catches up with you?

Scarlett Wakefield has to transfer from her posh private school, St. Tabby’s, to Wakefield Hall Collegiate, a world-renowned prep school that her grandmother runs.

The only thing Scarlett cares about is that no one at her new school knows her dark secret and past.

A few months before transferring schools, Scarlett got invited to an elite part by Plum Saybourne, the queen of St. Tabby’s.

The guest list was full of the hottest names in their society, including Dan McAndrew.

Scarlett’s secret crush.

She has always wondered what it would be like to kiss Dan.

Once they were on the penthouse terrace, she no longer had to wonder.

Dan leaned into kiss her.

It was perfect and magical.

Until, Dan McAndrew suffocated in her arms.

No one knows why or how he died but they all think Scarlett had something to do with it.

All Scarlett wants to do now is forget it ever happened.

Only she can’t.

Scarlett receives an anonymous note.

It says, it wasn’t your fault.

Now Scarlett is on a mission to clear her name and find out what really happened to the first boy she ever kissed.

Rating: 2.5 Stars

Review: Kiss Me Kill Me was not at all what I expected. I had an idea of the plot and such, but I really wasn’t sure. I bought it more on a whim and I wish I hadn’t. Although I did like Scarlett as a character, I didn’t really like all of the other characters. Well at St. Tabby’s that is. Once Scarlett got to Wakefield Hall Collegiate, I found most of the girls a lot more likeable. The mystery of what happened to Dan seemed like it was a big thing at the beginning and the end of the novel. But at the middle, it all seemed pushed aside. It was never really addressed fully until the end of the novel where the whole mystery was simply wrapped up in about 2 or 3 chapters. For me, that was the point when I really started to not like this book. What seemed like it would be an important thing in the story was, then wasn’t, then was, then wasn’t. Sadly I don’t think I would recommend Kiss Me Kill Me to many people.

-Lexi (:

4 comments:

E.J. Stevens said...

So glad I read your review! I've been on the fence about getting this one and now I think I'll save my money for a different title. Thanks!
xx,
E.J.

Unknown said...

im also glad i read this before i read the book!:) so far its good. thanks again
-Ana :)

Fantasy Novel said...

Indeed a horrible book.

Anonymous said...

i loved it. i dont know what you guys are talking about. you can't only one book in a 4 book series and say its bad. ive read all 4 and i love it. it was interesting, lots of twists and some sissy love story the title leads you toot hink/. i definitely recommend it

Related Posts with Thumbnails