After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick


Pub Date: February 2010

Summary: What can you do with your life if you feel fragile?

Jeffery has accomplished a really scary thing.

He battled cancer and is now a teen in remission.

But he still feels so fragile.

Every moment has to be a memory because he still doesn’t know if his cancer will come back.

The affects that Jeffery’s treatment had on him will forever to a reminder.

He isn’t the best student and he can’t walk without a limp.

Jeffery’s parents can’t stop worry about him.

His older brother, Steven, completely lost it.

Now he’s in Africa.

He joined a drumming circle so he could do some soul searching.

Steven isn’t the only one that needs to “find himself” though.

Jeffery also needs to figure out who he is.

He’s not a little boy with cancer anymore.

Anger. Jealousy. Confusion. Secrets.

Jeffery’s lashing out at everyone.

Will it only make him stronger in the end?

Rating: 3/5 Stars

Review: I loved Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick but I’m not too sure if After Ever After fully lived up to my expectations. I really enjoyed seeing Jeffery grown up and dealing with his own life problems. But, I thought that Jordan could have added some things and taken away others. Jeffery was a very likable character though and the plot was kind of different. It was a nice was to add on to the DGAP series but with a different main character. I thought the romance part After Ever After was very subtle but it was still there. One could tell that Jeffery was falling for Lindsey but it was very cute. All of characters in this book interacted will and you could almost believe that they were actually real friends. A lot of the situations were believable. There was just some things that I didn’t really enjoy as much as I hoped I would. I think everyone who enjoyed Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie should read After Ever After.

-Lexi (:

FTC: I received this novel from its publishing company/author with the understanding that I would provide an honest review. I am not getting paid in any way for writing and posting this review.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just purchased this book this week. I'm really excited to read it. Thanks for the honest review Lexi! :)

Ms. Yingling said...

Hmmm. I think I liked this one better, somehow, but I can see how you might not have.

dezzey said...

i read this book and i loved it. it was the fastest i have ever read a book before. i hope other people like it and will read it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails