Girl on the Other Side by Deborah Kerbel


Pub Date: October 2009

Summary: Tabby Freeman and Lora Froggett.

They go to the same school but seem to live in two different worlds.

Tabby. Rich, pretty, popular.

Behind closed doors, her perfect world is falling apart.

Lora. Smart, shy, target for bullies.

She’s becoming nervous. She doesn’t want anyone to find out her family’s secret.

Tabby and Lora might have something in common though.

They’re both hiding secrets and pain.

When a series of events causes the two girls’ lives to intersect, will they be saved or destroyed?

Rating: 3 Stars

Review: Two girls become unlikely friends. This plot is used a lot for Young Adult books, but for some reason it doesn’t get old. Girl on the Other Side was no exception. Yes, I know I only gave it 3 stars but I have my reasons! This book was really short. To me, it could have been a lot better if it would have been longer. Parts needed more description. I couldn’t always picture some of the situations in my mind, which is really an important part of reading for me. But Deborah Kerbel did make the plot unique. That’s why it still got a 3 stars rating. Tabby and Lora were really good representations of the two sides of the social scale. Girl on the Other Side showed that even though you may be really different on the outside, something on the inside could really be a lot alike. I think that’s a good thing of everyone to remember in high school. It’s not necessary to judge someone based on what’s on the outside because the inside could be so different.

-Lexi (:

FTC: I received this novel from its publishing company/author with the understanding that I would provide an honest review. I am not getting paid in any way for writing and posting this review.

4 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Great review! I hate when books are too short :)

Morgan said...

This sounds like a really cute read and I love the cover!

Great review!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for the thoughtful review Lexi!
All the best,
RKCharron

stargirlreads said...

I was not a huge fan of this

Related Posts with Thumbnails