Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman


Pub Date: January 2010

Summary: Drama free.

That’s all anyone wants their freshman year to be.

And Charlie Healey is no exception to that rule.

For her, middle school was very hard.

Every day mean girls were all around her.

They judged and teased.

Always trying to hurt someone else to raise their own self-esteem.

Charlie thought high school would be completely different.

But now she’s about to find out that girls aren’t the only mean ones.

Charlie now has to add guys into her complicated life.

And try not to get a broken heart in the process.

Rating: 4 1/2 Stars

Review: I really enjoyed reading Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials. It was a very fun read. It really kept me entertained the whole time and I even found myself giggling at some points. Even though I did thoroughly enjoy this book, I couldn’t give it 5 stars. There was room for some small changes and I have read some better books. But don’t think that I’m telling you this is a bad book or anything, because it really isn’t! Lots of people will read this book and like it a lot. Some will also give it 5 stars, but it wasn’t quite there for me. I really liked Charlie though, she had a great relationship with her friends. She was my favorite character, even though I like almost all of them. They all interacted will and I could picture a lot of the situations in my head because they just seemed that real at time. Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials really portrayed what high school can really be like. Teenagers and the atmosphere have changed a lot since our parents were in school, even if they don’t want to believe it! I really do recommend this book to pretty much everyone. You’ll enjoy it!

-Lexi (:

FCT: I received this novel from its publishing company/author with the understanding that I would provide an honest review. I am not getting paid in any way for writing and posting this review.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this book was very cute. I loved Charlie.

Morgan said...

I've been wanting to read this. And I really like Charlie for a girl name!

stargirlreads said...

I have this and CAN NOT wait to read it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails