Dear John by Nicholas Sparks


Pub Date: October 2006

Summary: Two simple words change their lives forever and broke his heart.

John Tyree knows what it’s like to be in Army.

He knows how hard it is to leave everything behind that you love.

But when Savannah Curtin enters his life, he wasn’t even prepared for how hard it could get.

After high school, John entered the Army, not knowing what to do with his life.

He was an angry rebel, he hoped turning over a new leaf would straighten him out.

While home on leave, John happens to meet the girl of his dreams, Savannah.

The attraction between them is undeniable.

Even from the very beginning.

The love they share is unlike either of them have ever felt before.

Savannah vows to wait for John as he finishes out his last year in the Army.

Then everything comes crashing down when 9/11 happens.

John is forced to choose between the person he loves and the country he loves.

After returning home, he realizes the love can change a person.

In ways he could never have imagined.

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Review: Since Dear John was the book I have ever read by Nicholas Sparks, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I had heard a lot of positive things about him and his novels. The expectations I had were greatly surpassed. I fell in love with Dear John, it was so hard to choose something negative to say about this book and its characters. I actually found myself falling in love with John right along with Savannah but I defiantly thought that they made the cutest couple! Right away you knew that they were going to fall fast and hard for one another. They were pretty much perfect for each other and they had what seemed to be the perfect relationship. That is until John’s time at home was other and Savannah’s vacation was also over. They promised each other that they would always be in contact with each other, they would always write. Over time their loved actually seemed to grow but a part of me had a feeling that it might now last forever. Knowing what I know about Nicholas Sparks, I never expected the ending that Dear John had but I truly think it really fit the book. I can’t say what the ending was without giving away the whole book. If you want to know what happens, I recommend you read Dear John! And even if you don’t really want to know what happens, read it anyways.

-Lexi (:

7 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I loved this book, in part because my late significant other was in the army. Great review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Morgan said...

I really need to read this book because it looks so cute and I love all Nicholas Sparks books. I'm glad you liked it!

Ashley said...

I have heard both good and bad things about Nicholas Sparks. That's why I have yet to read any of his books, but I've most of the movies, including Dear John.

The movies makes me want to read the books but the bad things I've heard seem to resonate in my mind more than the good. I think when I do pick up the books I'll choose this one first.

stargirlreads said...

This looks adorable :)

The Library Lurker said...

I really liked this book! I'm glad that you did too. Nice review! By the way, you won an award on my blog!:
http://librarylurker.blogspot.com/2010/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Dani. said...

Great review! I really want to read this one:)

P.S.- It comes out March 2010, not April :p

stargirlreads said...

oooh I wanna read this and see it

Related Posts with Thumbnails